Sunday, June 29, 2008

whizzy~crafts!

Isn't this mirror cool?! We had my family reunion and we always
have a "Whizzy" which is a gift exchange that we do where we
have to make our gift. Joe got creative this year and welded
this mirror with tube steel. I really wanted to keep it for
myself, but I guess I'll let someone else enjoy it. He has to
make me another one though:) This was mine. I just got wood from his work and then made a
frame and then scrapbooked it, (suprise!). First, I painted the
outside edges and then stained the very edge then scrapbooked
inside that. It was a fun project. I added hooks on the bottom
because the frame was just a little bit uneven so I was covering
it. Tricky!
This was a recent project I finished for Brady's room. I bought this
airplane (vinyl) and decided to cut a big piece of wood and make it
look like I had framed it. Again, just scrapbook paper.

This is just where I put it in his room.
Okay, this is Brady's growth chart that I finally got. It's not really
done, but I feel to burnt out to think anymore. I'm not happy with
how the "Lift off" words turned out so I have to think on that. Plus
this one was a pain to get on for some reason. I would've thought
that Macy's would have been harder. I got this one all stuck and
was lucky to even salvage it. I just couldn't get it straight so that
bugs me, but I'm not about to buy a new one and try again! It'll
have to do.
I have to make time to make my kids scrapbooks. Seriously, I have
them all ready and pages in order to make, I need to just do it! Hopefully
that will be my next project~we'll see.




2 comments:

paulak said...

Great mirrors...I am impressed.

Danette said...

I'm such a fan of mirrors. Quite the husband you have there!
I really could use you when it comes to decorating my house. I don't have a clue what to do and you have all sorts of great ideas. I've never seen anyone turn a piece of paper into something so worthwhile. Amazing.